14.5.13

Hand-Painted Peacock Diaper.

 This diaper was a test of patience! 
I had been asked to do a custom peacock illustration on a diaper, and it became a labor of love. I did version after version. It took me a couple of tries to get some pieces that I was happy enough with to share. This was the third version on an actual diaper cut and with it I discovered a new technique that I can't wait to try on some more projects. I used my acrylic paints and found that they act very much like water colors on the fabric.
 What's great is that I found there to be almost no fading when I washed the painting.

 On this particular diaper I decided to try something different. I put it together like a pocket, but it also has a sewn in soaker. So it can be used as an all-in-one, but can also be used as a pocket and more absorbent layers can be added as needed.
I didn't try to make it uniform, or matchy-matchy. Each side of it is different and unique. I think the pale pastel colors are sweet. 


It's definitely a unique piece. And I'm thrilled to be able to send it out into the world.  It will be going up for auction on Facebook on 5-15. And really...I'm just so excited about how much it has opened my eyes to what sort of great things may be possible in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails